Growing Your Own Tea Garden: The Guide to Growing and Harvesting Flavorful Teas in Your Backyard by Jodi Helmer
Available from your local bookstore or www.Amazon.com
"Growing Your Own Tea Garden by Jodi Helmer is fabulous."
―The Daily Meal
"With the help of this book, most anyone can plan a successful tea garden, then grow and create their own customized tea blends. Start now, and you can have a plenty ready in time for the next gift-giving season that will be here before we know it."
"...a guide for steeping the perfect cup of tea from your harvest."
You Love To Drink Tea. Why Not Grow Your Own?
If you've ever considered raising your own tea, this comprehensive guide is the place to start. Growing Your Own Tea Garden is packed with inspiration and practical instructions for cultivating and enjoying delicious teas.
Author Jodi Helmer helps you plan and plant a productive backyard tea garden, with sample garden designs and cultivation advice. She shows you how to choose the right crops for your soil and climate, starting with the tea plant (Camellia sinensis) and going on through a comprehensive survey of tisanes, or herbal teas. Discover how to grow the full range of herbal infusions that make wonderful teas, from flowering chamomile and lavender to chicory roots, rose hips, lemon verbena, peppermint, aromatic bergamot and more. Jodi shows you how to harvest, dry and store your tea to enjoy all year long, along with brewing tips and creative recipes.
Inside Growing Your Own Tea Garden:
- Everything you need to know to create a healthy, bountiful tea garden and enjoy high quality tea
- How to grow dozens of crops that make marvelous teas, herbal infusions and decoctions
- Sample tea garden designs, including instructions for growing tea in container gardens and raised beds
- Understanding the differences between black tea, green tea, white tea and herbal tea
- How to dry and store your leaves for consumption on cool autumn days
- Let it steep: how to brew the perfect cup of tea.
Jodi Helmer an experienced journalist who writes about food, gardening, farming, the environment and sustainable living. Jodi’s work has appeared in Entrepreneur, Hemispheres, Civil Eats, National Geographic Traveler, AARP, Farm Life, WebMD, Health, CNNMoney, and Guardian Sustainable Business. She is the author of five books, including The Green Year and Farm Fresh Georgia. When she’s not writing, she grows vegetables and raises bees.