- Written by Administrator
- Category: Regional Reps
- Published: 25 April 2014
The North Carolina Writers' Network hosts local events through the hard work and dedication of its Regional Representatives. Each rep hosts a free, monthly, recurring event welcoming writers at all levels of skills and experiences.
To find regular NCWN events near you, search by county for your Regional Rep below. They'd love to hear from you! Also, consider subscribing to our weekly e-blast, which lists many literary events in the state of North Carolina, and beyond.
ALEXANDER | BRUNSWICK | BURKE | CABARRUS | CALDWELL | CAMDEN | CATAWBA | CHATHAM | CHEROKEE | CHOWAN | CLAY | COLUMBUS | CUMBERLAND | CURRITUCK | DARE | DAVIDSON | DAVIE | DUPLIN | FORSYTH | GUILFORD | HARNETT | HENDERSON | HOKE | HYDE | JACKSON | LEE | LINCOLN | MACON | NASH | NEW HANOVER | PASQUOTANK | PENDER | PERQUIMANS | PITT | ROBESON |ROWAN | SAMPSON | STOKES | TRANSYLVANIA | TYRELL | WASHINGTON | WAKE | WILSON | YADKIN |
Don't see your county listed? Consider becoming a regional rep!
*Part of NetWest
NCWN Regional Reps are volunteers who wish to bring writers together in their part of the state, and encourage membership in the Network.
“Regions” may vary in size, but usually encompass at least one county. Exceptions include high population areas such as Charlotte or Raleigh, where size and density may necessitate a Rep for certain parts of town.
Each Regional Rep will receive complimentary membership in the Network, as long as they meet the following requirements:
- A Regional Rep should already be a Network member in good standing. (While Reps are welcome to recruit local volunteers to help them, we can only give the ‘Regional Rep’ title—and the complimentary membership—to one member at a time in each region.)
- Plan, conduct, and promote at least one no-cost writers’ event per month in your region. Examples: open-mike readings, discussion or critique groups, readings by featured writers, writers’ gatherings.
- Maintain list of NCWN members in your region, sent each month by Network staff. Make sure contact information is up-to-date, and members are receiving Network e-blasts. Send any updates and corrections to the Network staff.
- Maintain your own list of writers in your region, collected at monthly events. Forward them e-blasts and other relevant news from the Network.
- Keep supply of Network promotional materials (fliers, newsletters, etc.), and make them available at monthly events, “writerly” locations in your region, other literary events in your region.
- Contact NCWN members and other writers in your region by e-mail at least once per month. Promote your literary event and others in your region, promote NCWN contests and conferences.